These garlic roasted green beans are snappy with just the right amount of salt to keep them heart healthy. Garlic is known for its anti-clotting properties, so it can be good for people who have had blood clots or atherosclerosis (be sure to advise your doc if you eat a lot of garlic and are on blood thinners!). Roasting gives them just the right amount of sweetness, too. Take green beans up a notch!
Use fresh or frozen beans here. Even the spices are customizable. Try these with thyme and lemon, or with ginger and sesame seeds drizzled with soy sauce at the end for a little Asian flair. These green beans roast up quick for a healthy weeknight side dish!
If you try Garlic Roasted Green Beans, let me know in the comments!
Garlic Roasted Green Beans
- 1 pound Fresh or Frozen Green Beans
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced -or- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place cleaned beans on baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Toss to coat.
- Toss with garlic powder and salt/pepper if desired.
- Bake at 425⁰ F for about 20-30 minutes, until baked through and slightly crispy. Frozen may require less time.