On those ultra cold and snowy days, I find myself wanting to snack more than usual (and drink much more coffee than usual 🙂 ). I always assumed it was my body's way of trying to warm me up when I was chilled to the bone! Enter these Falafel Spiced Roasted Chickpeas. They are crunchy, a little salty, and filling. And they're even healthy! Protein-packed and full of fiber, it's something you can feel good about snacking on.
The spices give these chickpeas a Mediterranean flair that I know you're going to love. Even my 2-year old couldn't get enough of these! (Lucky I was even able to get some pictures, he was eating them so fast!)
Falafel Spiced Roasted Chickpeas are easy, and you can make them on the weekend to snack on through the week. Just toss everything together and let them bake up while you're doing something else! They're a much better option than a donut or whatever is in the vending machine at work.
Give them a try, and let me know how you like them!
Falafel Spiced Roasted Chickpeas
- 1 can (1 ½ cups) no added salt chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Pinch cayenne pepper, to taste
- Pinch salt, to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, depending on how crispy you like them.