Looking for something healthy and yummy to spread on your toast in the morning? Look no further! This blueberry thyme chia jam is all of that AND super easy to make from ingredients you probably already have. Plus it's an amazing addition to a cheese and crackers tray at your next get together (HELLO Super Bowl party!).
Blueberries are some of the healthiest fruits out there, and most readily available, so I started there. Blueberries are naturally sweet, so no sugar or other sweeteners needed here! The lemon juice balances out the sweetness of the berries, and the thyme adds a little something unexpected you'll love. The chia is used to thicken the jam without pectin, and bumps up the fiber and healthy fats a bit.
Give it a try, and let me know how you like it!
Blueberry Thyme Chia Jam
- 2 cups Frozen Blueberries
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 4 sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 1 tablespoon Ground Chia Seeds
- Add blueberries, lemon juice, and thyme to a sauce pan, and cook over medium-low heat, mashing blueberries as they thaw. Simmer for 3-5 minutes, until blueberry juices are released.
- Pour blueberry mixture into a blender, and blend on high speed until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl, and add ground chia. Mix well.
- Chill the jam. It will become a little thicker as it cools.