Fudgy Mocha Black Bean Brownies is sponsored by Purity Coffee, and contains sponsored links. I have received free product in exchange for my honest opinions.
Hands up if you love cooking with coffee!! 🙋♀️ You're going to want to make these Fudgy Mocha Black Bean Brownies STAT!
Seriously just LOOK at those! These babies are super moist, with just the right about of chocolate and coffee to remind you of your favorite coffee shop beverage without putting you in a sugar coma.
That's right! These fudgy black bean brownies have no added refined sugar. They are sweetened with dried dates so when you love these brownies, they love you right back! Learn more about why I love using dates as a sweetener in my post Heart Healthy Chocolate Date Sauce.
And the black beans? High fiber, high protein fill. No one will ever know that's what's in them! It's like black (bean) magic! See what I did there? 😋
Okay, but what about the coffee? I absolutely love it, but is coffee good for your heart? Check out my recent blog post to find out more.
How to make Fudgy Mocha Black Bean Brownies
To make these delicious gems, start by brewing some very strong coffee, or espresso. I poured 1 ¼ cups of hot water through 4 tablespoons of ground Purity Coffee, and left it soak for a bit. (I love Purity Coffee's smooth taste - especially in baking!) Put the dates in the coffee while it's soaking to kill two birds with one stone! Once the coffee is the strength you like and the dates are soft, puree them in a blender on high until smooth to make sweetened coffee syrup!
It's pretty quick from here! All the wet ingredients, plus the black beans, go into a food processor, and processed until smooth. I used pumpkin here instead of oil. You could also use applesauce. Or oil - but the nutrition will be different than below. Mix the dry ingredients together, and dump into the food processor. Pulse until combined.
I recommend lining your brownie pan with parchment paper to make removing the brownies easy - plus you won't need to grease the pan. Toss chopped pecans on the top right before going in the oven if you like.
If you want to try Purity Coffee, I have been able to score a 10% discount for you on your entire order! Just go to the Purity Coffee Shop, make your selections, and use discount code LYAUTZRD10 at the checkout.
Now enjoy these fudgy mocha black bean brownies in all their glory! If you try them, let me know how you like them!
Fudgy Mocha Black Bean Brownies
- 1 cup very strong brewed Purity Coffee
- 1 cup dried Dates, pitted
- 1 ½ cups (1 can) low sodium Black Beans, drained and rinsed if canned
- ¼ cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon Pure maple syrup (optional - if you want sweeter brownies)
- ⅔ cup Cocoa powder
- ⅔ cup Whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoon ground Chia Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ cup chopped Pecans (optional)
- To the very strong, hot brewed coffee, add the dates, and allow to soak at least 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, pour the coffee and dates into your high-speed blender, and blend on high until very smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To a food processor, add black beans, pumpkin puree, vanilla, and sweetened coffee syrup (and maple syrup if using). Process on high until the mixture is smooth.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients (except pecans) in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the food processor, and pulse to mix.
- Transfer the mixture to an 8x8 or 9x9 brownie pan, lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle pecans over the top, if desired.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until cracks begin to form on the top, and the edges are visibly cooked.
- Allow to cook in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire cooling rack.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.