This is my weeknight taco hack. Everyone in my family loves them, so it's on the weekly menu rotation. And really, why not? As far as tacos go, these are pretty darn healthy - I use fat free refried beans instead of ground meat. This does three things: gives the fiber content a boost, reduces the saturated fat total, and makes the entire prep time around 5 minutes because refried beans just require a reheat.
I listed the toppings I use in the recipe, but this is completely customizable! (Just remember if you're adding cheese, sour cream, and taco meat, your taco will end up a little less healthy.) I use corn tortillas, but feel free to use whole wheat if you prefer. If you like taco seasoning in your refried beans, add that. Use whatever greens you like. In the pictures, I use Trader Joe's Broccoli Kale Slaw without the dressing.
Add your pics in the comments! I'd love to see how you make your healthy, super speedy tacos!
5 Minute Weeknight Tacos
- 8 Corn Tortillas
- 1 can Vegetarian Refried Beans
- 1 can Black Olives, sliced
- ½ pint Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup Greens of your choice
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- 1 Jalapeno, sliced (optional)
- Heat refried beans in a small pot over medium-low heat, or in a microwave safe dish in the microwave for about 2 minutes.
- Prepare the other toppings as desired.
- Assemble tacos any way you like and enjoy!